On Episode 6 of The Actualizing Self Podcast, I interview Marc Perry who is inspiring hundreds of thousands of busy professionals to reach new heights in their fitness and nutrition. He shares some great insight into how best to approach these critical areas of life while maintaining a commitment to your business. Take a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments section afterwards.
Marc Perry is the CEO of BuiltLean – a personal training and nutrition counseling practice that provides free fitness information via its online platform. Prior to starting his own business, Marc worked in finance at a hedge fund in New York City. Marc is now a National Strength & Conditioning Association – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and an American Council on Exercise – Certified Personal Trainer. He has been featured in numerous publications and television programs for his expertise. His website attracts 1 million visitors per month from practically every country around the world and has roughly 100K email subscribers to date.
- When considering a career transition, start by analyzing yourself!
- Have the courage to become who you are meant to be!
- Having a positive mindset is where your fitness starts!
- The fountain of youth is strength training!
- Flexibility is the most underrated aspect of fitness especially as you get older
- Mindful nutrition and eating whole foods are keys to fitness
- Nutrition is more important than exercise in transforming body composition
- You must go on either a fat loss or a muscle building phase – can’t do both at same time!
- A fitter body leads to a smarter and more focused mind… there’s a direct connection!
- As human beings we are design to move. Movement is proven to make you happier!
If you are or know of a purposeful entrepreneur that should be featured on this interview series, please email me with the details. I’m constantly on the look out for people doing great work that people should know about.
Question: How have you been able to maintain your fitness and nutrition levels amidst the craziness of your entrepreneurial endeavors?