On Episode 7 of The Actualizing Self Podcast, I interview Jesse Jacobs who is an inspiring entrepreneur with a mission to bring people together through the art of tea. He shares with us the wisdom gained from his years of exploration into tea, business and life in general. Take a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments section afterwards.
Jesse Jacobs is the Founder and CEO of Samovar – a tea lounge empire germinating in San Francisco. Prior to starting his tea revolution, Jesse had a tech startup in Silicon Valley. Samovar has been described as “an alternate reality. A place where we can step out of the rat race. A place where we invite people to slow down, to inhabit the present moment, to disconnect in order to connect.” Jesse truly embodies the entrepreneurial spirit like a Samurai in business and is sharing his wisdom and making a difference using tea as the vehicle.
- Don’t get stuck in the trap of trading hours for dollars
- See your life as an alchemical process of creation
- Don’t attach yourself to the outcome – that’ll lead to a lot more happiness
- Business can be a magical process where you make something valueless into something priceless
- The ‘entrepreneur’ is truly the ultimate warrior in terms of archetypes
- Try negative visualization – think about the worst possible outcome
If you are or know of a purposeful entrepreneur that should be featured on this interview series, please email me with the details. I’m constantly on the look out for people doing great work that people should know about.
Question: What sort of routes or practices do you have that enable you to let go?