On Episode 4 of The Actualizing Self Podcast, I talk with Leo Babauta who is motivating hundreds of thousands of people to simplify their lives yet increase productivity. He gives some great advice on how to build and sustain habits that accelerate our personal growth. Take a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments section afterwards.
Leo Babauta is a Best Selling Author, Blogger at ZenHabits.net, and entrepreneur. He and his company have developed a site focused on productivity and mindfulness with more than 300K followers. In his most recent endeavor, Leo has hosted an interview series called The Habits of Entrepreneurs (.com) for you to check out.
- Living a conscious life is about understanding the ultimate goal or purpose.
- If your purpose is clear, you’ll have a compass to navigate the life process.
- The more often that you can step back from life the better
- See everything as an opportunity for learning in order to grow
- Embrace change and evolution as a sense of higher purpose
- Find ways to help others as a reliable source of purpose
- Don’t be solely driven by metrics as that can be discouraging
- The dirty secret about helping people is you get way more back than you give!
- Blogging itself is a self growth tool… you should do it no matter what you do.
- Developing relationships is the most important thing you can do.
If you are or know of a purposeful entrepreneur that should be featured on this interview series, please email me with the details. I’m constantly on the look out for people doing great work that people should know about.
Question: What sort of habits are you working on implementing to make your life more fulfilling and productive?