On Episode 3 of The Actualizing Self Podcast, I interview Francis Pedraza about his efforts to leverage technology to unlock human potential. He reflects on his learnings about imagination, optimism, entrepreneurship and more with some fascinating references to notable stories throughout history. Take a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments section afterwards.
Francis Pedraza is the Founder and CEO of Everest, a technology startup that helps people achieve their personal goals and dreams. Founded on the belief that there is no separation between creating a better self and a better world, Everest exists to unlock human potential. Everest, at the moment, is an iOS app that can be downloaded from the iTunes Store. Francis is a graduate of Cornell University and studied abroad at Oxford.
- Imagination, or the act of thinking about what could be as opposed to what is, lies at the heart of entrepreneurship
- You have to believe that something is possible to set a goal to achieve it
- Decide whether your life story is an epic or tragedy and embrace the idea that you are the hero in your life’s journey
- Realize your choices determine the way you see absolutely everything
- As an intellectual exercise, contemplate the opposite of the thing that you are trying to manifest in the world
- Find the virtues and vices that you see in others in yourself
- You must align all stakeholders to create a successful business
- Think of everyone in your business ecosystem as an investor
- Ask yourself – What is so valuable to you that you are willing to dedicate any amount of resources to make it a reality?
- The best type of investor is someone in direct alignment with your vision as an entrepreneur, next best are those investing in you as a business person, and worst are those betting on something solely financial, market-driven or some other proxy
- The personal blog of Francis Pedraza
- Everest – Live your dreams and achieve personal goals
- Download the Everest App from the iTunes Store
If you are or know of a purposeful entrepreneur that should be featured on this interview series, please email me with the details. I’m constantly on the look out for people doing great work that people should know about.
Question: How do you see your life as an epic with you as the hero of that story?