On Episode 1 of The Actualizing Self Podcast, I interview Scott Dinsmore on how to live your legend by pursuing work that gives you a sense of passion, meaning and purpose. He shares some great actionable advice on finding your higher calling and designing a lifestyle in alignment with that in mind. Take a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments section afterwards.
Scott Dinsmore is the founder and Chief Experimenter at LiveYourLegend. He’s an entrepreneur, coach and value investor obsessed with adventure, life experiments and learning. At Live Your Legend, he helps people discover their passion & purpose, explore dreams and do work they love. He also founded the value-driven investment fund called Cumbre Capital Partners which focused on durable small-cap businesses.
- The only chance of doing everything is to focus on doing one thing first
- “Taking a job is similar to saving sex for old age” – Don’t delay what you want more of today!
- Start with “massive self-discovery” to find out what you are meant to be doing in life
- Three steps to doing passionate work: 1. Self-discovery, 2. Proving to yourself that you can live your dreams, 3. Surrounding yourself with the people that can help you make that possible
- Build a team of people that enable you to focus on your core strengths
- Health is the foundation of being able to do anything meaningful
- No matter what you want to do, surround yourself with people who are already doing it
- Writing is one of the best ways to gather your thoughts and develop your message
- Use social media like Instagram as a motivator to capture more peak experiences
- Set out to perpetuate a cause that other people can gather around
- The Live Your Legend Blog
- Scott Dinsmore’s TEDx talk
- Course: Live Off Your Passion
- Book: Strengths Finder 2.0
- Test: Clifton Strengths Finder
- Book: What Color is Your Parachute?
If you are or know of a purposeful entrepreneur that should be featured on this interview series, please email me with the details. I’m constantly on the look out for people doing great work that people should know about.
Question: After taking the StrengthsFinder, what are your five core strengths?